The First Figures For ‘Star Wars’ Are Here | Film News
Yes, everyone is talking about it. In some places around the globe, Star Wars: The Force Awakens is already out and the counting for the numbers has begun.
With projected profits of more than $1 billion, the film is off to a great start in Europe, and it is expected to get even bigger sales with the weekend approaching. According to The Hollywood Reporter, audiences in Italy, France, Sweden, Norway, Belgium, Finland and Netherlands alone have grossed the movie $14.1 million already.
Here’s how much the new Star Wars movie has earned in each country:
– $5.2 million in France, which was, according to THR, “the biggest launch ever for a Disney film, the biggest for a Star Wars title and the biggest December opening day“;
– $2million in Italy, the biggest opening day for a Star Wars film;
– $1.7million in Sweden;
– $1.1million in Norway;
– $800,000, $600,000 and $800,000 in Belgium, Finland, and the Netherlands respectively, setting an opening day record in each country.
Will Star Wars The Force Awakens break all the records and become the biggest selling movie of all time? Let us know what you think and, more importantly, go watch the movie at your nearest theatre, the feature is out worldwide.
Latest posts by Gaia Pennisi (see all)
- Radiohead Might Have Just Shared Their New Album’s Artwork | Music News - March 15, 2016
- Garbage To Release New LP ‘Strange Little Birds’ | Music News - March 11, 2016
- Iggy Pop And Josh Homme Perform Secret Gig Ahead Of Album Release | Music News - March 11, 2016