‘Star Wars Episode VIII’ Will Be An Old-Fashioned War Movie Says Rian Johnson | Film News
I can’t wait for this sequel to come out. Rian Johnson, director of Star Wars Episode VIII has said that the film will take the form of an old-fashioned war movie. Speaking at the Star Wars Celebration conference, the director said that the films Twelve O’Clock High and The Bridge On The River Kwai had been staple watching for his crew ahead of filming for the feature.
The second in the newly rebooted Star Wars franchise is due in cinemas in December 2017 will follow on directly from the events of the previous film The Force Awakens which concluded with Rey – played by Daisy Ridley – meeting Luke Skywalker – played by Mark Hamill – on a deserted Island.
Latest posts by Harry Batory (see all)
- TropFest Confirms Move To Parramatta | Film News - August 15, 2016
- George R.R. Martin To Write ‘Wild Cards’ Adaptation | TV News - August 15, 2016
- Jack Abernethy And Bill Shine Named As Presidents Of Fox News | TV News - August 15, 2016