Jennifer Lawrence To Play Fidel Castro’s Former Lover In ‘Marita’ | Film News
According to reports from THR, it looks like Jennifer Lawrence is set to play another real-life woman. Lawrence can currently be seen in Joy, a film inspired by the life of Miracle Mop inventor, Joy Mangano. It has now been reported that her next biographical drama will be even more dynamic as it sees her portraying Marita Lorenz.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with Lorenz, here are the footnotes;
– She had an affair with Fidel Castro in 1959, at the age of nineteen.
– In 1960 she was involved in the CIA’s assassination attempt on the Cuban leader.
– She has claimed that both Castro and Marcos Pérez Jiménez have fathered her children.
– She met Lee Harvey Oswald in 1963, amidst a Communist plot to kill John F. Kennedy.
Juicy stuff, right? And yes, like you can probably imagine, conspiracy theorists adore her. If you believe everything she has said, she’s had quite the life, however a lot of her rather incredible claims can not be verified. It’s an exciting story, and it will be nice seeing Lawrence playing someone closer to her own age again.
The film will reportedly focus on how Lorenz became romantically involved with Castro, and how she was later recruited by the CIA. The spy story was pitched by American Hustle co-writer Eric Warren Singer and will be produced by Lawrence, Matt Tolmach, Scott Mednick, and André Rouleau. Sony won the rights in a heated bidding war, and are reportedly very excited about the project and are hoping for a late 2017 release.
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Cast Honors Anton Yelchin At Comic-Con Premiere | Film News - July 22, 2016
- Anwai – Waste Of Time | New Music - June 16, 2016
- Anne Hathaway Named UN Goodwill Ambassador | Film News - June 16, 2016